Australian Transplant Games Media Hub
Thanks for inquiring about media opportunities for the Australian Transplant Games. Contact our National Communications Manager for general information on the Games, campaign material, promotional artwork, case studies, brochures, interview talent, transplant athletes from your area and more.
The Australian Transplant Games is the country’s most inspirational sporting event. They unite all those touched by transplantation and showcase their renewed health through an exciting week of sports and promotional activities.
For transplant recipients the Games are a way to say thanks for their second chance at life, and for donor families, a way to honour their loved one’s gift. Most recipients never know who their donor is and likewise, donor families don’t know the recipients of their loved one’s organs. The Games bring everyone together, and highlight the benefits of organ and tissue donation to the Australian public.
WHY PROMOTE THE GAMES?
Promotion of the Games and individual participants sparks conversation about this important social health issue. Media coverage gets Australian households talking about their decisions and joining the Australian Oran Donor Register, which is crucial to increasing organ donation rates.
Every Games participant has an individual story, all with the common message of gratitude to their donors and donor families. Athletes at the Games are ‘living -proof’ of the amazing gift of life that organ and tissue donation is.
- Register your donation decision on the Australian Organ Donor Register online at donatelife.gov.au and tell your loved ones.
- Organ and tissue donation is the ultimate gift – just one organ and tissue donor can transform the lives of ten or more people.
- The Australian Transplant Games are the country’s largest organ donation awareness event.
- There are currently more than 1,400 people on the waiting list.
- Donor families are Australian heroes saving the lives of fellow Aussies.